The update only targets PS4 and Xbox One Battlemode players, where id Software saw a disparity between the PC and console experience. According to the studio, the new patch should “bring the challenge for Console-Slayers more within reach and the overall feel of the match will be more consistent now between all platforms.” It’s available now and doesn’t require a download to install.
Id Software made some adjustments to Battlemode by decreasing the demon respawn timer to 20 seconds, tweaking the way team heal and healing zones work, and balancing some of the demons’ abilities. The studio is also aware of an inconsistency between the team heal ability and its description, though it’s unclear when id Software will resolve this.
In other Doom Eternal news, it’s been discovered that the first-person shooter has a secret weapon buried in the game’s code. It was originally cut because it didn’t fit Doom Eternal’s flow, but console commands reveal a way to access the first gun you were originally supposed to start with: the pistol. And if you wanted to know something else that the game may have hidden from you, we’ve put together a quick guide for removing those helpful but pesky tutorials.
Doom Eternal Battlemode April 9 Console Update
Demon Respawn Timer
- Demons respawn timer increased from 20 to 22 seconds.
- The caster of Team Heal is now healed for 25% of their total health, down from 50% of their total health.
- The teammate of the caster continues to be healed for 25% of their total health (which is unchanged).
Reduced the strength of the healing zones:
- Level 1 becomes 600 HP over 8 seconds (75 HP per 1 second), available every 60 seconds.
- Down from 800 HP over 8 seconds (100 HP per 1 second), available every 60 seconds.
- Level 2 becomes 800 HP over 10 seconds (80 HP per 1 second), available every 50 seconds.
- Down from 1200 HP over 12 seconds (100 HP per 1 second), available every 45 seconds.
- Reduced damage done per tic on The Slayer when in the hazard volume from 15 to 12 damage.
- Reduced flamethrower damage per projectile from 4 to 3 damage per hit.
- Shield cooldown duration increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Flame Wall cooldown duration increased from 6 to 7 seconds.
Known Issue on Console
- The description for the Team Heal ability is inconsistent with amount of healing done by the ability. Team heal will heal both demon players for 25% of total health, but the description states that the user gets a 50% heal instead.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.