The Destiny 2 servers are under maintenance from 10 AM PT to noon PT. Players can log-in during this time, but may experience log-in issues. The maintenance is preparing the game for Hotfix 126.96.36.199.
Destiny 2 is being brought offline for expected maintenance.
At 10 AM PDT, Hotfix 188.8.131.52 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions. Ongoing Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude at 12 PM.
More info: https://t.co/Ocy0lFdnE0
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) August 4, 2020
The patch notes have been released and they don’t feature any major additions or changes, as expected with a hotfix. Some of the Leviathan raid rewards have been changed to a weekly lockout and the Festering Core Master Nightfall has been increased in difficulty. You can read the patch notes for Hotfix 184.108.40.206 below or on Destiny 2’s official website.
NIGHTFALL: THE ORDEAL
- Fixed an issue where the Ordeal version of Lake of Shadows was inaccessible at tiers above Adept for players who do not own Forsaken.
- Fixed an issue where the Festering Core Master Nightfall was listed as 1080 Power in the Director, but was actually 750 Power.
- Guardians should expect a much greater challenge when engaging with this strike.
- Leviathan rewards of XP, Glimmer, and chances towards Exotic Engrams or Bright Engrams are now back on a weekly lockout.
- Note: Weapons and armor are not affected by the weekly lockout, and can be earned multiple times a week.
- Fixed an issue where some players could not acquire the “Means to an End” quest from the Prismatic Recaster.
- Fixed an issue where Ruinous Effigy could trigger the heal from the Stronghold Titan Exotic armor while blocking with the carry object.
- Fixed an issue where Umbral stat Focused engrams could provide less than 10 in the selected stat.
Destiny 2 and the upcoming Beyond Light DLC will be coming to Xbox Game Pass when it launches later this year.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.